Monday, June 28, 2010

Hail the Rain Lord!!!

Dear Rain Lord,

I know whenever I was in Bangalore and you made your presence felt galore, there were times when I cursed! What was I to do, when all my favourite chappals broke, had almost nothing to wear as most my clothes were wet, and suffered from allergies because the room went damp harboring fungal spores??!!!
But, then again, you must also remember, that it was the same me who also enjoyed dancing in the showers, jumped with glee in puddles and marveled at your lightning bolts. And I do admit that I had more fun with your presence felt than not.
Well, too much of anything is bad, as were the showers at times!!
Don't you miss me??? You know I love listening to rain patter on walls, windows, roofs and everywhere else; and I can spend hours just listening to it while staring into oblivion, letting my mind flow freely; or cuddle up in a corner with my favourite book, or if I am in an altruistic mood, maybe make some hot chai and goodies to eat for everyone around me :) then everyone will gather and amidst all the hullabaloo, keep repeating "Oh how wonderful is this weather!! How wonderful!!"
People have claimed that I am crazy to walk in the rain....but you and I know better.....don't you??
So, come visit me in Delhi soon....I am waiting!!! I promise not to complain and have lots of fun ;)
As a reminder, I am putting up this picture I had taken capturing your essence on a wonderful day...... do hurry :)

Waiting eagerly,
Pescy :)

4 comments:

  1. Ghanana ghanana ghana..

    That's a very nice pic! Why splashing only in the middle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is actually a cobweb on grass sprinkled with raindrops :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice letter too.... Monsoon clouds seemed to have covered most of mid/south/east india till 2 days ago, now they have vanished.... clearly your letters aren't working... sacrifice mangtaa hai.. or Malhaar.. or both..

    ReplyDelete