Saturday, April 3, 2010

Jai Masakali..!

My first post I just have to Shree Ganesh with the blessed one!

Lately the song that gets me in the mood to start anything is Masakali... Here's how one conversation with a friend went:

Me: There are days when I think God must have blessed AR Rahman and thank God for that!
Friend: :) Today is one of those days?
Me: Yes. Thank you, God, for water, food, rainbows and ARR!
Friend: :D Kya suna abhi?
Me: Umm.. right now actually it's bechari mehendi pisti hai pairon taley..
But it all started with Masakali :)
Friend: :)
Me: I heard it 3 times and then I felt so much better about my work! :D

Back when I was a kid, I used to hear some song from Rangeela play over and over again at one of my neighbour's houses. I used to wonder why that girl (my neighbour) liked that song so much. I mean it's a nice song.. but to hear it over and over and over and over!!! What patience! And how annoying for us!

Now several years later, however, I am somehow in sync with my long-lost-neighbour! Repetition somehow seems to calm the randomness of multiple plans, mistakes and results in my head and lays them all into some sort of coherent pattern!! And it's not every song that does it! Already Masakali has played just twice.. and I have been writing this post.. and in the background of my brain's multitasking, my to-do list for the day has unfurled into a nice point by point plan of action!

Thank God for ARR!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jai Ho Jai Ho ARR baba ki!!!
    I am sure kahin se awaaz ayegi ki "Mogambo khush hua" :D :D :D

    PS.. he is great though!!

    ReplyDelete